Visits are held at the following times:
- Tue: 09:30-11:15 & 14:30-16:15
- Wed: 09:30-11:15 & 14:30-16:15
- Sat: 09:30-11:15 & 14:30-16:15
To book a visit call 020 3356 4031 The booking line is staffed Monday to Friday 09.30-12.30 and 13.30-16.00 and you can also book in person in the Visits Reception area. If you arrive later than 45 mins before the END of the visiting time you will not be allowed to take the visit.
There is a Visitor’s Centre run by Spurgeons, a national charity which is adjacent to the prison and is shared with HMP Belmarsh. Make sure you arrive at least 45 mins before your visiting time so that you can be processed through security. The are lockers (£1 deposit) in which you will be able to leave your possession and you will be able to take £15 into the visits hall to buy refreshments. For more information please go to www.spurgeons.org/hmp-isis, call 020 8317 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The visits complex in the prison consists of a main room with 40 tables, a supervised children’s play area, a refreshment counter and vending machines.
View Larger Map
Isis is on the same site at HMP Belmarsh, so follow the signs for Belmarsh.
From Woolwich Arsenal Station catch the 244/380 bus to the prison. Click here for timetablesThe bus stops are situated directly outside the exit from the railway station. The nearest stations are Woolwich Arsenal and Plumstead. Catch a bus from Woolwich Arsenal station to the prison, or walk from Plumstead station, about a mile away.
By car from from M25 Dartford Bridge/Tunnell take the first slip road immediately after tolls, (NB head for 4 left hand tolls when coming over the bridge). Signposted A206. First exit at roundabout and come over the motorway. Then on the roundabout over M25 – signposted A206 Crayford/ Erith. University Way and:
- Roundabout end of University Way/ dual carriageway signposted A206 Crayford / Erith.
- Into Bexley / single carriageway / roundabout.
- 4th exit signposted Erith A206 Crayford/Erith Roundabout end dual carriageway
- 2nd exit signposed Woolwich/ Thamesmead A206
- Roundabout 2nd exit signposted A2016 Thamesmead, Plumstead, Woolwich
- Series of roundabouts signposted A2016 Thamesmead, Plumstead, Woolwich
- Dual carriageway towards Thamesmead, roundabout signposted Western Way
- Signpost to Belmarsh and Courts – left slip road at traffic lights.
If driving from Woolwich proceed along Plumstead Road, turn left into Pettman Crescent (just before Plumstead Bus Garage) then take the second left at the traffic lights into Western Way. Belmarsh is situated approximately half a mile down on the right-hand side. Follow signs for HMP Belmarsh and Courts.
From Plumstead go along Plumstead High Street, turn right into Pettman Crescent (just after Plumstead Bus Garage) then take the second left at the traffic lights into Western Way. Belmarsh is situated approximately half a mile down on the right-hand side. Follow signs for HMP Belmarsh and Courts.
There is a visitors’ car park, be sure to use the car park for Isis, not for HMP Belmarsh