East Sutton Park is an unusual prison. It consists of a Grade II listed, 15th century country mansion complete with an 80 acres farm overlooking the Kent countryside. It is one of only two women’s open prisons. East Sutton Park opened as a female borstal establishment on 2 October 1946 and has been a female establishment ever since.
- Main House – 32 rooms ranging from 2-6 beds. Showers and toilet facilities are communal.
- The Oaks – 20 single pods
- The Willows – 4 flats each with 4 inmates