HMP Wandsworth is a large, Victorian, category B and C prison serving the courts of South London. The prison was built in 1851, and the residential areas remain in the original buildings. Since 1989, there has been extensive refurbishment and modernisation of the wings, including in-cell sanitation.Almost half the population are foreign national prisoners, and a large number of prisoners are only held in the prison for a short time.
- A wing – general population
- B wing – general population
- C wing – some general population and vulnerable prisoners
- D wing – drug recovery unit
- E wing – first night wing
- G, H, K wings – Cat C general population.