Education provided in conjunction with The Manchester College. The courses offered are based around the key areas of functional skills, vocational training, information technology and employability. There are the usual array of orderly jobs available.
GYM: There is a large sports hall and gymnasium providing opportunities for prisoners to take part in structured recreational gym, remedial support and accredited programmes.
Accredited Programmes: The prison offer the following courses:
- Focusing on Resettlement (FOR)
- Thinking Skills Programme (TSP)
- Short Duration Programme (SDP)
Healthcare is delivered by:
- Primary care services and inpatient services – Lancashire Care Foundation Trust
- GP services – Indigo Locum Services and Lancashire Care Foundation Trust
- Dental services – Liverpool Community Health Trust
- Pharmacy provider – Lloyds
- Mental health and clinical substance misuse services – Mersey Care NHS Trust
- Psychosocial services – The Lifelines Project Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust and Mersey Care NHS trusts.
There is a 26 bed in-patient unit along with a full range of primary care services covering both physical and mental health. Healthcare is provided 24 hours a day.