Visits are held at the following times:
Thu: 14:10 – 16:15
Fri: 09:00 – 11:00 & 14:00 – 16:15
Sat: 09:15 – 11:10 & 14:10 – 16:15
Sun: 09:15 – 11:10 & 14:15 – 16:15
All visits must be booked through the visits booking number 01759 475 355. This number is available from 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:30 – 16:00 daily.
The Visitors Centre is provided for visitors and has baby changing facilities, toilets, including a toilet for the disabled, a small play area for children and a refreshment machines which serve hot and cold drinks and a variety of confectionery.
- Bus: There is a limited local bus service. Visitors from York must catch the York No. 10 service bus from York Station. There is no bus service on Sundays.
- Train: York is the nearest rail station, and then complete journey by taxi or bus. Taxi costs vary, but you can expect to pay between £12.00 and £15.00 per journey to or from York Station. Please ask at the Visitors Centre for advice.
- Car: From the North, take the A1 or A19 to York, A166 York to Bridlington – 2 miles from Stamford Bridge.
- From the North West, take the M6 – M62 to Junction 33 make North on A1 to A64 Tadcaster to York bypass. Leave A64 from A166 Bridlington – 2 miles approx. from Stamford Bridge.
- From the South, take the A1/M1 – M6 to M62 north at junction 33 to A64 Tadcaster to York bypass. Leave 164 from A166 to Bridlington 2 miles from Stamford Bridge.
- From the East, Hull/Lincolnshire using Humber Bridge – A1079 Hull to York approx. 25 miles from Hull following signs for Pocklington – Stamford Bridge. Full Sutton is approximately 6 miles from A1079. From Goole: A614 to Bridlington. At Market Weighton roundabout take A1079 and follow signs as for directions from the east.
- All visitors in cars must park in the visitors car park which is well signposted.