General Information, HMP Blantyre House

Built originally a country house but then operating as a training farm for Fegan’s Boys Home, HMP Blantyre House was taken over by the Prison Commission in 1954 and used as a detention centre for young offenders before becoming a resettlement prison in 1987. 


The accommodation is all housed in one building known as “The House” This is a traditional old country house built round an internal square garden. The building is divided into 4 spurs, North, South, East and West and there are 116 single rooms and 3 twin rooms.

Return to Blantyre House