Bedford has been on its current site since 1801. It was enlarged in 1849 and a new gatelodge, house block and health care centre were added in early 1990s. Bedford accepts prisoners remanded into custody from Luton Crown Court, St Albans Crown Court and the magistrates’ courts in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
- A, B and C wings are gallery-style Victorian landing radial, three storeys
- B Wing has a landing for enhanced status prisoners
- D wing house block on three storeys
- E wing , two storeys, first night and induction
- F wing two-storey, gallery landings and vulnerable prisoner wing
- Health care centre single landing of new purpose-built building.