Lindholme’s learning and skills provision focuses on employment opportunities and meeting regional and national skills shortages. Education and training is delivered in conjunction with The Manchester College, and each prisoner receives an individual learning plan for the custodial period.
The following learning and skills programmes are available at Lindholme:
- Skills for Life courses in literacy and numeracy, GCSE and A level English and Maths, ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages,
- Information Technology from entry level to CISCO qualifications in building computers, business administration, and business start-up, media and graphic design, reprographic and printing, visual art,
- NVQs in catering, bakery, hospitality, hairdressing and barbering,
- BICS and NVQ in industrial cleaning, construction industry training in trowel trades, plastering, painting and decorating, carpentry, plumbing, maintenance operations, and civil engineering.
- Fork lift training, light engineering and NVQ Railway Engineering.
- Horticulture and grounds maintenance training including vermiculture and waste management.
- A range of PE courses including NVQ Sport and Leisure and gym instructor awards.
- Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and a variety of social and life skills courses including Family Learning, and Drug and Alcohol Awareness are also available.