The prison is part of the North East Region and is run by HMPS. It has a capacity of 1210 and the #1 governor is Jenny Mooney. HMP Holme House is a 20 year old purpose-built category B prison. When opened it had 4 house blocks but a further 3 have been added, the latest 5 years ago.
- House block 1 , 183 prisoners
- House block 2 , 183 prisoners
- House block 3, 181 older and VP’s
- House block 4, 183 remand, IDTS, first night centre & induction
- House block 5, 102 prisoners
- House block 6, 154 Therapeutic community; drug recovery wing
- House block 7, 224 prisoners , resettlement unit